Thursday, February 6, 2014

LOKALI

This past week I made a deal with myself that I would have to have at least two healthy meals a day (even better if they were organic). So while I was searching the web for organic stores in Hong Kong I came across LOKALI, which is run by Just Green (organic convince store). I checked their website, saw their cafe menu and thought I'd give it a go. Their fresh produce are organic, their coffee and teas are fair trade and meats are sustainably sourced. What I found great is that they have gluten-free breads and cake! It's so hard to find places that sell gluten free products over the counter. It's a small cute cafe located right at the corner of Wan Chai and is open 10:30am to 7:00pm daily.



I got there about 6:30pm, but I would recommend going there for breakfast, lunch or tea beacuse their set combos are quite reasonable. Their food is inspired from all over the world and they change their salads and hot food selection daily.


I decided to go with their "medium" salad (3 choices), it was only HKD 68. I went for the quinoa (on the far right), pumpkin and eggplant (second from the left) and Thai papaya salad (first on the left). Now don't you go thinking that the food was bland, plain or flavorless! I enjoyed each single salad; the quinoa was still nice and fluffy, veggies were not soggy and still retained their flavor, they were dressed with lots of of herbs (I wasn't just tasting plain pumpkin and eggplant) and lastly my favorite the Thai green papaya salad, it was zingy, crunchy, spicy (not too much) and garlicy. The portion in the picture below doesn't look too big, but that plate was the size of both of my hands put together and it was really filling dinner. Oh, and just letting you know, they only topped the salad with a bit of lettuce (not tons to be cheap), underneath the lettuce was still a mountain of the three salads.


If you are either trying eat healthier and work/live in Wan Chai, want to be support and be a part of the organic community, looking for a place that provides gluten free products or are around the neighborhood make sure to try this place out.  I know I will be visiting again :)

LOKALI
82A Stone Nullah Lane, Wan Chai





No comments:

Post a Comment