Wednesday, January 29, 2014

22 Ships

I visited this place on the 4 of Jan, it was another restaurant on my bucket list :) I had come in for an early lunch date with a friend because I heard it gets really busy at night. The restaurant was quite resourceful with how the placed the tables, they had a large rectangular communal table placed right where the bottom of a window would be. One person would be sitting on the "inside" of the restaurant while the other would be facing inwards but sat "outside". I'll have to take a picture of the exterior so you get an idea of what I mean.

Some of the dishes we ordered were just little pieces of delicate art. It was so hard for me to eat but I was salivating at the same time.

This was the scallop ceviche with apple, walnut and yuzu dressing. If you had a bite full of each ingredient it was a great contrast in textures and flavors. My friend really enjoyed this one. 

This was their beef tartare with egg yolk puree, pickled mushrooms and hazelnut. Doesn't the dish look so beautiful! There was more beef on the plate but I ate it before taking the picture (sigh..). The crostini was wafer thin with some garlic and the egg yolk puree was really interesting, almost gel like. If you want to maximize your flavor intake on this you need take the beef, mushroom, egg yolk puree and place it all on the crostini and have a mouth full of goodness. 

Now this dish is an absolute WINNER! Oberico pork and foie gras burger with avocado and cucumber pickles. Yes, they maybe small, but boy do they make up in flavor. Each serving comes with two and the burger patty is just so juicy and tender, I was ready to eat another serving! Make sure to put the avocado spread to maximize on flavor!

Coconut sorbet, mango & lime. This was the perfect end to our meal. Cleanses the palate and so refreshing. Dishes like this truly excite me. The sorbet had a strong coconut flavor but still light, then they had little pulps of lime that were bursts of of tangy citrus and the creamy sweet mango to balance. This dessert was perfect, it was like flavors dancing around in my mouth. 

If you ever are going I would definitely recommend the foie gras burger and coconut sorbet. You won't be disappointed!

22 Ship
22 Ship St., Wan Chai, Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment